THE HISTORY OF WIMBLEDON FOOTBALL CLUB
1931
1931-32

The Club's new premises were finished in time for the start of the new season and was opened on 29th August 1931 by Sir Frederick Wall, Secretary of the Football Association. After a shaky start to the season, the Club went on to win the Isthmian League Championship for the 2nd year running by forcing Ilford into 2nd place by just one point in a Championship race that was so close that only four points divided the top five clubs.

In the F.A.Cup we were beaten 1-3 by Norwich City, while in the F.A.Amateur Cup we reached the Fourth Round before going out to Yorkshire Amateurs 2-5 after a 2-2 draw at Plough Lane. The reserves finished third in their section, despite the many calls on their players owing to injuries in the first team, and they also won the South London Charity Cup for the third time.